Students under the age of 19 are considered minors in Nova Scotia and require a custodian. Citizenship and Immigration Canada may require that some persons under the age of 19 applying for a study permit have a Custodian living in the local community in Canada.
In the event that your student still does not have a custodian, Acadia University assigned an individual to provide custodianship for emergency cases. Please note that the student must live in on-campus residence at Acadia until the end of the semester in which they turn 19 to qualify for custodianship.
- Email email@example.com or click here to obtain the custodian information you require to complete your Government of Canada Custodian Declaration.
- Print the Custodian Declaration form, and complete the form with the information above.
- Print and complete the Acadia Custodian Request Form.
- Print and complete the Acadia Terms of Reference Form.
- Make a copy of your student information section page from your passport
- When all forms are complete, please forward them to:
Recruitment and Student Services
Box 40 (Custodian Requests)
31 Acadia Street
Wolfville, Nova Scotia
Faxed signed copies can be sent to 902-585-1092
Scanned signed copies can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out Custodianship for International Students at Acadia.